Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What to Do When He Wants to Be Friends But You Want More

Are you confused about whether or not you should stay with a man who won't or can't commit to just you? He says that you're just friends but often times when the two of you are alone he acts like more than just a friend? And when you talk commitment, relationship, and or future, he withdraws... sometimes for days?

Are you constantly attracting men in your life who treat you as if you were their doormat? They pull you close just to push you away. They demand your attention but refuse to be emotionally present with you when you really need them. Are you confused about your role in your relationship or is your relationship just confusing?

We've all been there at one time or another. You want more and the other person wants less or just enough to satisfy their own desires. And when you've already fallen in love and he or she hasn't, it's as if you're floating on a ship by yourself. I wish I could tell you that I had all the answers as to why we attract people who are not that into us, but I don't. In fact, the mystery is probably more appealing than claiming to have all the answers.

Relationship after relationship I kept attracting the same kind of person and in the end it was always me giving more and hoping that they would come around and get on ship. And when things didn't happen like I had imagined them in my mind, my feelings would get crushed and I would be miserable because the person I thought I wanted to love didn't want to love me. There was definitely an unseen emotional and psychological pattern to my choosing others who would eventually prove to be emotionally unavailable.

It wasn't until later in life, and after understanding some of the reasons why I made these emotional pilgrimages did I begin to learn the art of letting go. So many times, I tried with all my heart and soul to get that other person to love me. But they never did ... never would ... and probably never could.

As I've said before, I don't have all the answers and never will but when I do get myself caught up in one of those relationships where I eventually end up on an emotionally, solo journey walking beside a warm body that refuses to be present then I know that it's near that time to start letting go.

While he's hogging the couch and the remote control, stop trying to compete for his attention and instead go start your journey to emotional health. http://www.abundantcash247.info

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Felecia_Townsend

No comments: